Into the Wyrd and Wild is a book for those seeking to incorporate a dark, grim forest into their game. You can read my review here.
How To Use This GeneratorPrep beforehand:
- Grab a notebook and a pencil.
- Click "Start Hunt" and write down the details along the top. You'll give these details to the players.
- Draw a diamond somewhere in the middle of the page and write the location number on it.
(81. Singer’s Domain)
- Draw the paths moving away from it. The four corners of the diamond are North/South/East/West/etc. Note what each path looks like:
(81-SouthWest: a rocky path with blood fungus).
- For each path draw a new diamond and generate a location.
- Keep drawing paths and generating locations until you're happy with how things look.
- Reference the location numbers in the book and describe them to your players.
- When they travel, click the "Random Encounter" button for a creature, trap, or plant.
- Use the buttons along the bottom for items, spells, and mutations.
The woods do not care for you. Never forget that.
Thanks to Charles Avery for making such a terrifying world and to Christopher P. Wolf for the code!