Mythic Mortals is a Tabletop Role-Playing Game where you and your friends play as your real-world selves suddenly granted unstable powers. Kickstarted in 2015, Mythic Mortals is a visual and tactile joy.
“The choices on your playsheet are compelling, and the card-slotting mechanic is easily the strongest point of the game.” – Ludicrous Gaming
How Does it Play?
You play as yourself suddenly granted incredible and unstable abilities. Your powers, weapons, and flaws change every few turns, forcing you to constantly adapt.
You’ll be fighting in your hometown, defending your school from monsters, and saving your world from utter destruction. Once you master your powers and your cards, then you will Be The Hero!
“Mythic Mortals has a very elegant system for constantly shifting your powers. Each round of combat feels fresh and fun.” - James D’Amato
“Oh, that’s cool!” - repeated several times by Satine Phoenix playing as The Hunter
“BEHOLD THE MYTHIC POWER OF THE BREWER!” - wheeltreemegan
Mythic Mortals is released under the CC-BY 4.0 license.
Use the DevKit to make your own adventures, mats, and more!
- Designed from the ground up for quick, satisfying play sessions (2-3 hours).
- The Rules and Setting make an easy introduction to new players.
- Cards switch out every few turns, constantly providing new combinations of powers, weapons and flaws.
- Players start out strong, no need for leveling or grinding. All the cool weapons and powers are at your disposal from the beginning!
“My friends and I still have a blast playing it.” - @Srossics1
“I like the super easy premise. Helps people jump in.” - /u/Larmt0r
“Most of my family played this at Storm-Con 2015. I am obsessed! It was supper easy to work with. We were able to fill a couple of hours with many different adventures. This system is perfect not only for us busy gamers who no longer have the time for the loooong process of character creation and gaming, but is can be worked for great little bonding adventures that a gaming family can do together.” - Chelsey
The Multiplied expansion features 4 deadly Bosses, an adventure set in ancient times by Emily Care Boss, an epic 3-part adventure set in space by Stephanie Bryant, and 6 new classes:
- The Wrestler by Nathan Paoletta - Entertain the crowd, pull off flashy maneuvers, and master the mat!
- The Gunfighter by Grant Howitt - Enter powerful stances, use your Blackpowder Zen abilities.
- The Scholar by James Wallis - Study your foes, and support you allies with your findings!
- The Healer by Kyle Mecklem - more than just recovering cards, the Healer will be a welcome part of any group.
- The Metalhead by Daniel Charlton - Energize your allies with screaming guitar solos, to be followed by the screaming of your enemies as you smash them!
- The Morph by Tod Foley - A dangerous being has taken control of your body, forcing you to fight against this shifting, writhing force within you!